Aquatic Therapy is offered at Dee Physical Therapy in our South Burlington, Vermont location.
Aquatic Therapy aids in rehabilitation by using the physical properties of water: buoyancy, compression, and resistance to help with movement.
These properties provide an ideal and comfortable environment to get you moving again. Aquatic therapy can be just the thing you need to start your rehabilitation after surgery or when land based therapy is not our first choice. Our therapists will work with you as you transition from aquatic therapy to your land based program in our facilities.
Things to know:
- Our pool is kept at 88-92 degrees for your comfort
- Rehabilitation sessions in our pool are one-on-one for your privacy
- Multiple depths to allow for customized exercise programs
- Abundance of Aquatic PT exercise equipment for a variety of movements
- Propulsion unit for added resistance with exercise
- Private shower and changing room for your convenience
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy include:
- Increased confidence with exercise in a controlled environment
- Allows for early movement
- Ability to start PT sooner due to decreased weight bearing resulting in more efficient recovery
- Decreases pain by decreasing nerve sensitivity
- Improves body awareness
- Excellent for early stage gait training
- Allows for earlier shoulder motion
- Aids in relaxation